Accounts Receivable Specialist (Loveland, CO)
This position is accountable for providing the following result: To be an integral part of the team at all locations, supporting and assisting in all daily activities. The ultimate objective is to meet the needs of our customers through exceptional customer service, consistent productivity and quality work, and teamwork. Must be tech savvy and ready to take on the challenge of working with a growing independent pharmacy.
"We believe the best healthcare is based on relationships and delivered locally. We listen, innovate, and work together to meet the needs of our communities."
To secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies. Other basic functions are to oversee accounts payable, the general ledger, cash flow, budgets, and administrative and inventory activities while ensuring all front and back office functions are conducted in a productive, efficient, and timely manner.
· Develop team for professionals for account receivable teams and design performance indicators.
· Administer various processes and controls for customer accounts and prepare report for appropriate functional areas.
· Manage all special projects and assist in account reconciliation.
· Administer all account receivables for portfolio and maintain a reserve for debt and third-party collections.
· Perform research on all activities for collection and minimize all receivable balances.
· Administer and maintain collection for all delinquent accounts at location site.
· Prepare and analyze all financial data and trends in financial market.
· Prepare and reconcile all account receivable accounts and prepare monthly reports for same.
· Monitor all collection activities and develop processes to improve cash flow and downsize receivables.
· Coordinate with customer, analyze requirement and maintain records for services.
· Prepare records of audits, schedule time for all account receivables and documented process.
· Evaluate all SOX documentation, analyze bank fee and develop entries for cash journals.
· Review all control procedures, recommend appropriate credit limits.
· Provide technical support to billing and collection department and ensure compliance to company standards.
· Supervise efficient working of account receivable staff and provide required assistance.
· Maintain professional employee relationships and conduct interviews for same.
· Be on time for all shifts, take lunch breaks, observe and avoid overtime.
· If you are unable to work your scheduled shift, inform your supervisor as soon as possible.
· Treat fellow team members with respect at all times
· Must be able to adapt and excel in a fast-paced environment.
· Customers will be greeted with a smile (even on the phone) and verbal acknowledgment and thanked for their patronage.
· Oral and written communications with vendors, healthcare professionals and customers will be of the highest professional caliber
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Must have the ability to recognize, establish priorities and manage within them
· Ability to work independently
· Highly proficient in computer software programs such as, word processors, spreadsheet programs and database systems
· Basic mathematical skills
· Knowledge of high-volume collections, credit authorization and billing procedures and practices
· Must have good people and stress management skills with advance knowledge of financial recording and reporting (balance sheets, profit and loss, statement of cash flows, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, debt servicing).
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Accounting degree from accredited university or relevant working experience preferred.
· Internal or external audit experience strongly preferred
· Healthcare industry experience a plus
· 2+ years of accounting experience with staff supervision responsibilities preferred
· Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are required.
· Strong organizational and time management skills are a necessity
· Creativity and outside-the-box thinking a definite plus