UPDATE #2 on COVID-19 VACCINE for your RESIDENTS & STAFF
Hello Community Partners,
We are receiving weekly updates from the CDC on the state of the COVID vaccination plan for skilled, assisted, independent living, and health care staff.
Here is the latest-
· The COVID VACCINE SURVEY is due within 2 weeks of receiving.
· You can make changes to your information during this time.
· This survey reflects vaccine distributed from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, not the State of Colorado.
· It is NOT allocated on a first come basis. During this phase (PHASE 1B) they are determining the need for ALL health care personnel and high risk medical/ 65 + .
· Independent living is included in this first round of allocation.
· CVS and WALGREENS are NOT your only options. You can select your current pharmacy provider in the first section and select CVS/Walgreens as a backup.
· Good Day is familiar with you (our facility partners), your residents, and have provided flu clinics for years.
· Good Day will manage the vaccination AND reporting during this phase.
· IF YOU OPT OUT of receiving vaccine through a pharmacy, and choose to have vaccine directly sent to the facility for administration, your vaccine will come from the State of CO and could be delayed.
Please reach out to me directly via email with your questions. ALSO, if you receive updates, PLEASE share back with me. There are still MANY questions around timing, vaccine storage, etc. My email is email@example.com. Send your questions with COVID VACCINE in the subject line. If we don’t have the answer we will research for you.
Thank you and stay well during this challenging season.
- Vicki Einhellig, RPh
- President, Good Day Pharmacy