From stress-induced headaches, to sports injuries and injuries at work, to injuries caused by auto accidents, pain can become something that many people live with on a daily basis. Chronic pain can be difficult to treat, and compounded prescription pain formulations may be the solution.
Benefits of Compounded Prescription Pain Formulations:
- Enables a higher concentration of the prescribed medication to reach the tissues that need it (the actual site of the pain)
- Help symptoms of chronic conditions such as: Arthritis and joint pain, Diabetic peripheral neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, Muscle pain and muscle spasm, Nerve pain
- Are an alternative to commercially prepared and commercially available medications that are customized to each individual’s unique pain-treating needs
- Avoid first-pass metabolism in the gastro-intestinal tract and the liver
- Are associated with fewer unwanted side effects than commercially prepared oral medications (such as constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, nervousness, stomach irritation)
Dosage Forms Include:
- Topical creams and gels
- Topical sprays
- Nasal sprays
- Custom-flavored troches
- Combination formulations that contain multiple medications in one single prescription
To learn more about the positive impacts of pain management, contact our Compounding Consultant Pharmacists today!