The Fort Collins pharmacy experts agree – the best way to combat the flu this season is through preventive measures.
Getting the flu vaccine is your best defense, but you may also use the following 10 tips to fight the flu this year:
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, being with ill people and especially before you eat
- Avoid sharing objects
- Limit touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Get enough sleep and avoid getting “run-down”
- Reduce stress
- Use tissues for coughs and sneezes and dispose of them immediately and appropriately
- Eat right and get regular exercise; limit consumption of sugar
- Keep your distance from people whom you know are ill
- If you are sick, avoid contact with the frail, very young and elderly
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school
Remember Good Day for your flu shots! No appointment necessary; and we offer many other vaccinations as well at all Good Day Pharmacy locations! Learn more.